This free breastfeeding clinic at the KFL&A Public Health Unit provides you with information and support that will give you the confidence to know your baby is breastfeeding well. An International Board Certified Lactation Consultant looks forward to answering your breastfeeding questions. Research shows that mothers are more likely to achieve their breastfeeding goals if they have support in the early weeks of breastfeeding.
A lactation consultant offers:
- reliable and accurate information on breastfeeding practices,
- review of the baby’s latch,
- guidance about infant feeding cues, frequency and length of breastfeeds, signs of effective breastfeeding, and
- strategies to assist with common breastfeeding challenges including engorgement, plugged ducts and mastitis.
You can expect:
- One-on-one appointment time with a lactation consultant
- Observation of a breastfeed
- Infant and maternal breastfeeding assessment Reassurance and
- support that your breastfed baby is growing well and meeting normal growth and development milestones
To make a Breastfeeding Clinic appointment please call The Child & Babytalk Phone Line at: 613-549-1154 or 1-800-267-7875, ext.1555
Clinic appointments are available Monday to Friday.
For more information visit the KFL&A Public Health Unit website.
For information on breastfeeding support available in your region visit our Resources Section.